Search

Subscribe Our News

Subscribe Our News

"Expeditiously Exit Iran": Centre Issues Fresh Advisory For Indian Citizens

On Wednesday, India issued a new recommendation for its nationals in Iran, urging them to "expeditiously exit" the war-torn country.
In a post on X, the Indian embassy in Iran advised its nationals to leave the country using the indicated routes."It is reiterated that no attempt should be made to approach any international land border without first consulting and coordinating with the Embassy," the message added.
The embassy also provided emergency contact numbers (+989128109115; +989128109109; +989128109102; +989932179359) and an email address - cons.tehran@mea.gov.in.

The caution came just hours after the United States and Iran announced a two-week cease-fire.
The embassy had previously issued a caution on Tuesday evening, asking its citizens in Iran to remain where they are for the next 48 hours.
The advisory comes after US President Donald Trump warned that a "whole civilisation will die tonight" if Iran does not remove its blockage of the Strait of Hormuz by 8 p.m. Eastern Time (5:30 a.m. Indian time, Wednesday).
According to government figures, approximately 9,000 Indians, including students, were in Iran when the conflict erupted on February 28, following Israeli and US bombings on Iranian targets. So far, over 1,800 Indians have returned to India.

The accord came after Trump stated that he had spoken with Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Army Chief Asim Munir, who had requested a truce.
Sharif said Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, will welcome delegates from both countries for negotiations aimed at reaching a "conclusive agreement" on April 10.
Tehran said it has accepted to discussions with Washington in Pakistan on how to end the confrontation, which began on February 28 when the US and Israel launched joint assaults on Iran.